Consultations for pain are organised exclusively by prior appointment.
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Telephone: +33(0)2 31 45 40 02
- Location: 4th floor ‘Consultations et Ateliers’ (on your left as you leave the lift)
The centre has its own ‘Chronic Pain Unit’ to deal with patient pain, during and after cancer, in a pluri-professional and multidisciplinary manner. This unit is acknowledged by the Normandy ARS (regional health agency) since 22 January 2014.
The chronic pain unit at the Centre François Baclesse proposes:
- at a physician’s request, to assess pain (including persistent complex pain) requiring specific care.
- for pscyhological support during pain with a psychologist or a psychiatrist.
- Des techniques médicamenteuses ou non :
- oral or intravenous medication
- The intervention of a Mobile Pain Team (physician and/or nurse specialising in pain management): The mobile team intervenes essentially for hospitalised patients whose treatment requires specific pain assessment and/or adjustment. Intervention is organised after a written request from the medical care team, indicating the reason and the degree of urgency.
- Dr Franck Le Caer, physician in charge of pain management
- Dr Frédérique Bisiaux, physician specialised in pain management
- Dr Lauriane Fourel, physician specialised in pain management
- Dr Anne-Sophie Jossome, physician specialised in pain management
- Maud Gicquere, nurse specialised in pain management
- Mathilde Kao, nurse specialised in pain management
- Dr Caroline Davidesen, psychiatrist
- Dr Faïz Kassab, psychiatrist
- Sonia Bouligny, psychologist
- Antony Narayanassamy, psychologist
- Dr Virginie Leloup Morit, mesotherapist and auriculotherapist
- Anita Marie-Cotillard, foot reflexologist
- Hélène Jacqueline, sophrologist
In 2022, the chronic pain unit conducted 1,404 medical consultations and 3,124 nursing interventions.
Research and publications
- Cancer Pain and Patient Education: Strategy, Implementation, Difficulties and Opportunities of EFFADOL, a Regional Collaborative Programme. Prevost V, Delorme C, Leconte A, Le Chevalier A, Fourel L, Gicquere M, Grach MC, Le Caer F, Clarisse B. Journal of Cancer Education. 2020 Nov 19. doi: 10.1007/s13187-020-01924-w. PMID: 33215294.
- A supportive care dedicated hospitalization ward in comprehensive cancer center. Rambeau A, Renou M, Bisiaux F, Chaustier H, Joyaux C, Le Caer F, Fourel L, Solem-Laviec H, Poiree B, Corbinais S, Delorme C, Leloup-Morit V. Support Care Cancer. 2020 Dec;28(12):5781-5785. doi: 10.1007/s00520-020-05421-0. Epub 2020 Mar 27. PMID: 32219570.
- Regional day event on oncological supportive care with the Onconormandie network
- Participation and intervention at conferences: SFETD and AFSOS
- Unicancer breast cancer work group
- Supervision of medical externs and aneasthetist nursing students in pain management consultations