Consultations are exclusively by prior appointment.
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Telephone: +33(0)2 31 45 40 02
- Location: 4th floor ‘Consultations et Ateliers’ (on your left as you leave the lift)
Physical activity is defined as any body movement produced by contracting skeletal muscles and inducing an increase in energy expenditure above that of rest. Adapted physical education, or APE, is the practice of totally safe physical activities adapted to suit the specific needs of a given individual and ensuring their safety.
Adapted physical education:
- reduces the risk of cancer,
- est le seul traitement efficace contre l’asthénie (fatigue) provoquée par is the only efficient treatment for treatment-induced asthaenia (fatigue),
- improves quality of life and survival,
- improves emotional and physical status,
- favours treatment continuance,
- decreases the risk of recurrence.
At the centre, the Adapted Physical Education (APE) instructor follows hospitalised patients:
- in group sessions for patients undergoing treatment,
- in individual sessions for patients hospitalised in surgical departments,
- Laury Aulnette, Adapted Physical Education instructor