On 5 September 2022, the François Baclesse Comprehensive Cancer Centre was visited by a delegation from the K Hospital, a national cancer centre in Hanoï, in Vietnam.
The visit was a logical step in the collaboration initiated via the signature of an agreement with the Vietnamese government in November 2021, which was followed by a visit to Vietman by a delegation from Baclesse in June 2022.
Cooperation between the two establishments has been ongoing for several months and includes the organisation of Multidisciplinary Meetings comprised of Vietnamese and French physicians.
The delegation of Vietnamese physicians was led by Professor LE Van Quang, Director of the K Hospital, and composed of:
- Prof. PHAM Van Binh, Deputy Director of the K Hospital
- Dr DO Hung Kien, Head of the Department of Medical Oncology 1 (Head and Neck)
- Dr VU Dinh Tien, Head of the Department of Pharmacy
- Dr DAO Van Tu, Director of the Research and Clinical Trial Centre
Our guests were able to visit a large share of the Baclesse Centre, equally in the fields of healthcare, education and research.
Several avenues for further cooperation were identified:
- The training of young Vietnamese doctors who would come to Caen to perfect their knowledge and skills thanks to the expertise and cutting-edge technology offered by the Baclesse Centre.
- Care for Vietnamese patients at the Baclesse Centre, so they can benefit from our quality care and the latest treatment innovations.
- Consultancy in the organisation of oncology day hospital patient flow.
‘The Baclesse Centre is delighted to welcome our Vietnamese colleagues in an aim to develop fruitful long-term international cooperation.’ Prof. Marc-André Mahé, CEO of Baclesse declared.